Dr. Stephanie McGann is a trained and certified Invisalign provider
WHAT IS INVISALIGN?
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that can be used to achieve a more beautiful smile. It can be utilized for patients who have mild to moderate misalignment and can also align the bite. Patients with overbite, crossbite, or underbite can enjoy Invisalign treatments. The process is done using clear plastic aligner trays to gradually move the teeth into proper alignment. This is done by wearing the trays for at least 20 hours a day. The trays are easily removed, allowing patients to maintain their oral health and wellness, flossing and brushing as they normally would without having to worry about brackets and wires that can make it complicated.
BENEFITS OF INVISALIGN
Many patients ask our team about the advantages of using Invisalign over traditional braces.
- Invisalign uses removable trays to straighten the teeth instead of brackets glued to the teeth and connected with wires.
- Invisalign provides precise treatment, as digital imaging is used to create the trays.
- Invisalign treatment allows patients to get a brand-new smile without having to hide behind metal appliances to do so. Invisalign trays are removable, so patients can maintain their oral health and wellness with brushing and flossing.
- Invisalign is comparable in cost with traditional braces and is more discreet.
- Invisalign can be used for teenagers or adults who understand the importance of complying with their treatment. Invisalign allows patients to achieve the smile they’ve always wanted.
HOW DOES INVISALIGN WORK?
Patients often ask how the process is completed. First, patients book their consultation appointment. This visit allows for assessment of the patients’ smiles and decide if they are appropriate candidates for Invisalign treatment. If patients choose to move forward with this service to achieve the smile they desire, they then work with the dental team to complete a series of 3D digital impressions. These impressions create images that are sent to the Invisalign laboratories. The team there will create a precision set of trays that will guide the patients through the process of enhancing their smiles. The number of trays in patients’ series will vary, depending on how severe the misalignment is. Patients return to the dental office to obtain their trays. During this time, the dentist will walk patients through the process of enhancing the smile. Patients start with the first tray and snap them over their natural teeth. Each tray is worn for two weeks before patients progress to the next tray. By the end of the tray series, patients will have achieved their beautiful smile!